Friday 19 March 2010

Why Blog?

Astronomy and blogging go well together.

Firstly a basic observing log is very valuable to an astronomer. I have a detailed log that I keep up to date, but a blog of highlights can make it easier to track my overall progress.

Secondly astronomy involves a lot of trial and error. I have spent many hours trawling through other blogs and websites looking for tips on everything from dew prevention to spectroscopy. Maybe what I'm doing will be useful to someone else or maybe someone will be able to tell me where I'm going wrong!

I will be mostly restricting my posts to descriptions of my own observing sessions, in particular webcam astrophotography and basic spectroscopy. My location in suburban Birmingham limits my targets so you are unlikely to find much deep sky stuff.

No comments:

Post a Comment